As a new year begins, so many of us try out new 'things' for a short time. Yet others go on to make those changes for a lifetime. But do we decide to make these changes just because it is a tradition to have a 'resolution' or do you think that there is something that you need to change about yourself every year.
I've decided to make one of these 'changes' as my resolution. You see my family have been nagging me for some time to quit smoking. Many times I've considered it but hadn't decided that I wanted to take the leap. But in the past year my hubby has been put on diabetic medication and I find myself nagging him about "treats" in his diet. During all of this nagging back and forth we also shared that we cared about each other's health and well being. He nagged because he cared and wanted me to be healthy and I nagged because I cared about his health too.
With this realization and many other things about the whole issue I have decided to try to quit smoking as we enter into this new year.
I will try to keep a positive frame of mind with this challenge as I know that the statistics involved with New Year's resolutions are not great. I have made it through this day almost to the time that I'm ready for bed without having a smoke all day!!
So if I can make it through this one day, can I make it through every other day that follows herueafter?
I will take it one day at a time as I have with other challenges I have faced and hope for the beust in this outcome. I know many of my friends will be happy to see that I am no longer huffed to this habit. But by saying this now I may be jinxing myself already, hopefully not!!
Good luck to you if you were brave enough to decide to make and then follow through with a resolution. I wish you all the best of luck!!
Slowly by asking people each year to make these resolutions we will make positive changes in our future especially if 50% or more are susscessful at making the change.
No comments:
Post a Comment