As the coldness of winter sets in there are lots of people who suffer from SAD (Seasonly Affective Disorder). I'm sure there are some of us who suffer from this at varying degrees beside those who are diagnosed with this disorder. As the temperatures drop I'm sure the symptoms get worse but the sun continues to shine during some of these days. So I wonder to what degree the symptoms affect a person. I seriously think that there are several people who wonder why they have the feelings of being "down" during the winter and wonder why they feel this way. There are lots of people who think that they feel this way simply because it is cold and they are just stuck in a rut. So just how many people are affected by this Disorder? It is a mystery to me. There are lots of people who also just don't realize that there is a disorder, describing what they feel during the winter.
I have spoken to several friends and family who describe "being stuck in a rut" for the months of Jan. and Feb. I'm sure a few of them don't know that there "rut" is actually a disorder. Apparently light therapy is a good treatment for this disorder as well as vitamin 'D' I have tried the vitamin D. It has worked for me. But I plan to have a better treatment this year. I'm going to spend a week in the sun on the beach in Cuba. Hopefully that will help me with my 'rut' this year.
I have just returned from a retreat for 6 days and although it was still in cold weather, the new friends I made around the warmth of a fireplace, made it seem as I was basking in the sunshine in a southern climate.
Just before I plan on going to Cuba I'm going to another retreat. I'm hoping that I have an equally enjoyable experience on this upcoming trip.
I'd like to shout out a hello to the new friends. I'd also like to tell them that it was an honor to meet them and I hope to stay in touch with each of them.
As we said our good byes on Tuesday, we had already exchanged e-mails, we promised to stay in touch. I hope we are true to our word. I would also like to thank those who have already e-mailed me since we returned home.
Take Care and laugh every day, just make sure it is out loud when you laugh.
Laughter is your personal retreat to sunshine and warmth. It relieves stress and just makes you feel good.
I went for a rip on my motorcycle just before we received all this cold and snow breaking my own personal record.
New record -Jan. 14. Prior Mar. 16. To me my bike is my retreat and my laughter. But we will be joined in a short couple of months.
No comments:
Post a Comment