Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas

For all who have been following my blog the last few days you notice that there was no post for Christmas Eve. I was on the road at 9 am to pick up parcels and get one persons elusive gift. I returned home to finish baking the last minute "had to be fresh" treats for our party.
Since before I married into the 'Green Clan'  they have a family gathering at a different location ( family member house) each year. It is a pot luck affair which has grown from eight Green children to 40+ including In-Laws, grandchildren and great-grandchildren . At some point we are going to have to rent a hall, lol. Only curtains homes in the family are large enough to host such an event, mine not being one of those homes.
As my children grew the "party" was the big event, mind you when they were small Santa could not be trumped. But as their belief in him waned the "Family Party" was the big event that even into their teenage years they looked forward to the event. Even as all the grandchildren grew, their partners came to the Green get-together. Although the oldest, Donald, had passed away leaving two small boys that grew up distant from the close knit Greens' came back to the Clan  as singles and now with their children. I can see the pleasure on my mother and father-in-laws faces every year to see their grandsons and now each ones family as they grow.
I know the pleasure my grandchildren bring to me so I cannot imagine their pleasure but it is openly visible each year. Each of my 'parents' (in-law) health is failing nothing to be ashamed of as they round their mid eighties. Just think of what their first Christmas' was like and compare them to today's .
As I hobbled into bed sometime close to two I was happy. As my kids got older but still at home we had Christmas morning after the big party then we all had a lazy Christmas morning. But as my kids grew up and on our Christmas Morning on Christmas Eve grew smaller and smaller. Last night it burst open with my kids and their kids until my little princess asked if she could go to bed in my bed. It was extremely nice to have everyone here again. The pride each of my grandchildren had as they wiggled and squirmed waiting for papa and I to take our jackets off so they could give us our gifts. They had picked out these presents themselves. Imagine the self control to not tell what was in those gifts.
As I woke this Glorious Christmas Morning I would like to give thanks for so many happy Christmas' in my life after writing my blog I may return to sleep for an hour or so but my turkeys are cooked and we eat at noon. I do this so each of my kids can eat with their in-laws for supper and I can collapse for and hour or so afterwards, lol.
To each and all I would like to sat MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment