If you are someone who has, for any reason, put your shopping off to these last three days I wish you luck. These last three days will be the craziest days all year. People will be thinking of only what they are shopping for and not on what they are doing, like driving. If you think that the last few weeks were terrible driving days, for accidents, wait until these days. Only careful people who are fully focused on their driving and of course others around them will make it unscathed in the traffic jams that there sure will be.
I am glad that I went out to do my last minute shopping two days ago. That day was crazy enough for me. Waiting 15 minutes plus in line-ups to make your purchase was long enough for me. As it was I met someone who shared with me as he idly wandered the isles looking for an elusive gift that he was looking for something but was not sure just what. To leave that to the last minute was just not thinking, although I think that was just it, he hadn't put a thought into his shopping to begin with.
So just imagine all the rushing in the stores with long lines and those that are frustrating wandering waiting for a gift to jump off the shelf into their arms. Much like some of the ads on tv where items speak to a person. I guess the guy I met was waiting for that to happen to him.
Advertising on tv has gone too far in that some people believe that things like that really can happen to them. If you are one to shop like that I think you should do your shopping earlier in the year. But if your budget does not allow for that, then you should have a paper and pen. You could easily jot a note and when you are able to squeeze it into your budget then go pick up the item on your page.
I think a little thought would go into this kind of shopping and some people just don't shop that way.
I would like to know just how much money was spent in these last days of shopping because some people just dish it out in hopes of getting just the right gift or gifts at the last minute.
These are all my opinions on this matter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment